I dont just mean I am back from blogging once a month .. I mean .. I FOUND my mojo. I dont know if its from the phenomenal PR I had at the Heartbreaker or that I had a nice (not really) break from running, or my
diet lifestyle eating has changed. Whatever it is, I will accept it, I like it, and I hope this feeling stays around for a long while.
Allow me to catch you up with some bulletts:
- Kellie: Words cannot express how proud I am of this girl. She joined the swim team for the first time (as a senior) and completely rocked it. She made Varsity after her first race and killed Varsity at that. She was a contender and made District Finals. With all that .. she blossomed. In fact, I just dropped her off at a new church, knowing NOONE, because she wanted to get out there and meet new people. I would never have those guts. She amazes me and makes me proud daily.
- Liam: Oh my … he is turning into the biggest ham, funnest full of life little boy. He is adored by all that know him and loves life to the fullest. He is obsessed with his kindle fire and “yoyo” (Mario on the DS) We have had to really limit his time on the electronics but hes so incredibly smart and so fun to watch learn! He is talking like motorbox and has excelled at his speech class.
- Marc: We celebrated him this past weekend and his birthday. He has been a solid rock and still completely supportive of everything I do. Again, with a grateful heart .. I realize I am more than blessed beyond belief.
- Toe: So remember when I thought I broke my toe, but then it didnt get better with time off and continued to puff like a puffer fish? Well … I finally went to a Sports Chiropractor (an absolute amazing one) since my insurance changed and my other is no longer covered .. He sent me for an immediate ultrasound and the results are back with NO fracture of any kind. I have seen much relief with therapy, laser, taping, and graston. I will keep on until its cleared but really love and believe in chiropractor care through my training.
- Training: WOW I am training. I cant remember if I blogged that I have registered for the Dumbo Dare .. but I did and I cant wait. It will be another family trip and we are going to have a blast. Kellie will run the 5k and Liam will even run the 200m. A true family event. Until that half (and 10k) I will be just doing small races. I have a couple 5k’s and a 10k. I even have a 7k that I will use as training runs. I will be using my 10k at Disney as a “warm up” and having the half be my A race. I will be participating in the Foot Traffic Flat 10k and that will be y A race then. My goal is to PR. Surely I can beat 1:25 :) I have accepted that I will am good at run/walking and going to improve no matter what. Someday I will increase my ratio’s and maybe someday run it all, but for now, I am healthy and I am happy. I plan to stay that way!
- Eating: I am on day 8 of Whole 30. I decided to go this route because after going 2 weeks sugar free, I was diving back in the sugar and wasnt able to maintain a strong will. I am able to recognize that I cant do it yet and decided I needed to work on my attitude regarding food to begin with. I have done a ton of work and havent had process food in eons. I also know that I lived 2 weeks without sugar before so what is 30. Taking out the dairy and all grains wouldnt be that bad and honestly it hasnt been. The sugar has been a little tough but I am not surprised. I am feeling completely satisfied and happy. Even on Marc’s birthday, I had a pear while they had cake and ice cream and I was completely ok with that. I am finding that it doesnt have the control on me it used to and even if I slip, I am convinced I have turned a corner and I am going to win this battle once and for all! I BELIEVE! Here are some of the things I have been eating. SO YUMMY!