Let me start by saying, I am smart. Not cocky or egotistical but its true. In fact there are many that I know that think I am about the smartest person they know. I am the one that you want on your team if we are playing games. I am the one that always wins the word games at showers. I can definitely hold my own in the brain department is what I am trying to get across. But …
For someone so smart, why do I do such dumb things. I know better! Lets analyze this a bit more …
- Sugar - I know its horrible for you. I know that artificial sugar is even worse. I BELIEVE that its as horrible as all the articles and reports say. I know it holds me back and I know I have a true addiction to it.
- Food – I know all rules. I have been around the “diet” block so to speak. (and around and around a few times over) I know what you are “supposed” to do. I know you need to eat better, cleaner and move more.
- Water – Water, probably the most important thing for your body, your health and really your well being. It literally “gives you life”.
- Veggies – 6-8 servings a day. The benefits too many to list; Protects from diseases and even possibly cancer. Helps with overall health. Helps keep you full.
- Cross training – Helps balance your muscle groups. Helps to maintain cardio. Helps reduce injury. Helps alleviate boredom.
- Stretching – Reduces injury and keeps limber
- Icing – reduces swelling and helps heal nagging pains and even injuries to allow continued training.
So yes, I know all these things. and again, I TRULY believe every single word I typed, so why is it so difficult? Why do I struggle with every.single.one. and struggle daily. I do them some of the time (and let me tell you I KILL them when I do it) but I do not stick to any for a consistent time.
I know there is no “magic” answer or we would all be 100 pounds and completely fit right? But there has to be something. I have come so far. I know what I have to do. I know what is holding me back. I have to dig deep. I have to believe.in.myself! I need to quit putting so much pressure on myself and JUST KEEP GOING.
Sometimes I think I may have been testing myself. Would I slide back into old habits and old ways? For some of it (FOOD) I did often enough for it to matter.
I am still fighting demons and am in no way ready to give up. I just want to finally get to that finish line to only realize its never going to be finished. This IS a life change and not all encompassing. So where to start?
Not sure what its going to look like .. Still trying to figure out all the details but need to start within me. Here and now.
My motto has been and will continue to be
My word for the year will be: PERSISTENCE! (patient too)
and I VOW to remember this when times get tough